Waco, Texas (April 10, 2015) – The East Waco Library, located at 901 Elm Avenue, will close this month as renovations get underway to expand and modernize the building. The last day the library will be open to the public is April 25, 2015.
During construction, East Waco Library activities – including children’s programs, weekly Storytimes, Summer Reading programs and more – will be relocated to the Bledsoe-Miller Community Center at 300 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. Renovations are expected to last for approximately 9 to 10 months.
- All children’s programs will be held at the Bledsoe-Miller Recreation Center.
- Includes weekly Storytime for children until May 19
- Includes all Summer Reading Program activities from June 9 to July 28
- Middle school students who use the library after school will have accommodations at the Center.
- Fall weekly Storytime for children will resume in September at the Center.
- Meetings can be moved to any of the other Waco-McLennan County Library system meeting rooms, which are available to the public.
- Bledsoe-Miller Center has increased the number of computers available. An extra 8 computers from Dewey have been added for public use.
- Books, movies, audiobooks, and music CDs will continue to be purchased for East Waco and will be circulated throughout the system during the renovation period. Upon completion of the renovation, items will be returned to the East Waco Library to ensure that the collection does not have gaps in materials for the closure months.
Library officials say renovations to the East Waco Library will definitely be worth the wait. A 40% increase in space will make room for a new, larger entrance and lobby with seating, plus more comfortable seating throughout the updated, upgraded library. The expansion includes an enlarged Children’s Department and a new Teen Space, a quiet study room, and a new computer training area with more computers available for public use. The library’s meeting room will also be expanded, with increased seating.
For details, contact Waco-McLennan County Library Director Essy Day at 750-5946 or email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>.