During 2011 the Friends of the Waco-McLennan County Library contributed $93,292 that was used for a variety of materials, programs, promotional activities, staff development and supplies at all library locations.
These donations allowed the library to provide services above what was allowed in the budget funds from the city and county.
Public Programs $5397
- Summer Reading Club Incentive Books for Children and Teens
- Children’s Summer Reading Club Performer Fees
- Teen Summer Reading Club Programming
- Adult Summer Reading Club Prizes
Library Materials $50,000
- Material Budget Supplement
Library Awareness and Marketing $10,129
- Waco Transit Bus Bench advertising
- Chamber of Commerce Relocation Guide & Membership Directory advertisement
- Greater Waco Education Summit Sponsorship
- A eighteen month supply of plastic Check-out Bags
Professional Fees $21,409
- Public Relations Manager – one-half of upgraded salary and benefits
Staff Development $2100
- In-Service Day Lunch for Library Staff
- Registration and Travel for McGregor Librarian to rural Libraries Conference
Book Sale In-Kind Donation
- 3,388 items were added to the Library’s collection from materials donated to the Friends Book Sale. These items represent a combined value of $61,232 and accounted for 15.7% of the new items added to the library’s collection last year. Books accounted for the largest number of items added followed by DVDs.